WANT TO BOOK A MILKSURE COURSE – BOOK ONLINE HERE
MilkSure is the industry standard accreditation scheme for dairy farmers wishing to reduce their risk of bulk milk medicine residue failures. The training programme is delivered by an appropriately trained vet to their own client. It is this relationship which is key in ensuring medicines are used, stored and recorded correctly to ensure that only milk fit for human consumption enters the bulk tank.
BCVA picked up the administration of MilkSure this year, under an agreement with DairyUK . The change in administration was accompanied by a slightly different and simplified delivery model, which will give greater control to MilkSure vets and allow more people to participate in the courses.
Any vet carrying our MilkSure training with their clients will need to be trained as a MilkSure Registered Vet by the end of December 2021. If you aren’t registered, you cannot sign the certificate from January 1st.
To give time for the escalation of veterinary training, up until 1st January 2022, non-MilkSure Registered Vets will be able to deliver Part 2 training and MilkSure Top Up, providing the certificate can be signed off by a MilkSure Registered Vet from within their practice.
This means you need to make sure you are fully trained to be able to deliver the training to your clients.
Please do not leave it until the latter part of the year – places on each course are strictly limited and every time we release a date it fills quickly.
Need to know – at-a-glance
- Any vet carrying our MilkSure training with their clients will need to be registered with MilkSure by the end of December 2021. If you aren’t registered you cannot sign the certificate.
- To be registered you must have attended the MilkSure for Vets CPD.
- If you aren’t sure if you are registered please email [email protected].
- If you need your registration details to access MilkSure please email [email protected].
- Farmers no longer need to register for MilkSure, it is all done via the vet.
- Registered vets can find all the booklets and information needed to carry out Part 1, Part 2 and top-up training on the MilkSure dashboard.
- Covid guidance – we can provide a link to training if you are unable to visit your client due to restrictions - please email [email protected].
- Milk buyers have different criteria for how often MilkSure needs to be topped up – you or your clients need to check directly with them. We would recommend carrying out Top Up every year.
- BCVA does not keep a copy of signed veterinary certificates for MilkSure. Clients need to be made aware they must keep a copy in their records for inspections.
Below is the map for Milksure Registered Vets.