Understanding medicine residues in milk and how the MilkSure course works
This is a small group (8 maximum) one day online training course suitable for all vets wishing to learn more about the MilkSure course, and how to deliver the training to dairy farmers. Vets working in industry and academia are very welcome, as well as practitioners. LIMITED TO ONE VET PER PRACTICE PER COURSE.
The training includes lots of discussion and covers:
1. Technicalities of milk residue failures
- testing methods and industry procedures
- discrepancies between MRL’s and testing sensitivities
- cascade use of medicines
- vets’ legal responsibilities, including when medicines are used under the cascade (offlabel)
- likely changes on the horizon
2. The MilkSure course and training materials
- how to deliver the training
- how to develop this service offering to benefit both farmers and the vet practice
- the procedure from farm registration to training to accreditation
- the MilkSure website and online test
What you will need:
- Any internet-connected device
- Headphones with microphone (nothing fancy - the kind that has been included with every i-phone over the past several years is good enough; they reduce echo compared with using in-built microphone and speakers)
- Your own refreshments and lunch!
All delegates will be posted notes beforehand, plus an invitation for a quick connection test (using Zoom) if you wish. It is very straight forwards.
When registering please use the address you would like your notes sent to and the email address you will be using on the day.