Key learning outcomes are:
- Apply in-depth knowledge of the aetiology, pathology, diagnosis, differential diagnosis, treatment, prognosis and control of common and emerging diseases affecting beef and dairy cattle in the UK.
- Understand the legislation relating to the control of infectious disease in cattle in the UK.
- Understand the common control schemes for accreditation of infectious disease status.
- Devise and implement a control scheme for infectious disease specific to the needs of a given herd.
During this one and a half day course the principles of common and emerging infectious diseases of cattle will be covered, including:
- Epidemiology, recognition, treatment, prevention and control of the common and emerging diseases including, IBR, BVD, Neospora, Johne’s disease and TB.
- The different laboratory tests available and their advantages and disadvantages.
- The principles of health schemes available to accredit and monitor for the presence of infectious diseases.
- On farm assessment of disease status and practical strategies for assessing infectious disease status and control.
- George Caldow
- Richard Booth
- Keith Cutler